Monday, January 30, 2012

Its been a while my friend.....

Well the November craft fair and Christmas after that came and went and I got some great advice that led me to making some new products.  Firstly with the economy being so bad we did really well a the FCTHS Winter Arts & Crafts Fair *grin* I'm very pleased with how it went even if I was up 36 hours straight beforehand and paid for it physically for the next week.  We had fun and made enough to cover the booth fee times 2.  Not a lot but enough for me to say it was a success.

My back and hip have been hurting and hampering me since December and since it was too late to make any more soap for the holiday I took the advice of fellow soaper and learned how to make soy tarts.  I have had such a blast making them and using them here at home.  I hope to sell them at the Spring Fling Arts & Crafts Show on March 31, 2012.  I also took the time to start finding and pricing organic oils and butters so I can phase out my non-organics.  This is a change I think my buyers will appreciate and I want them to have the best ingredients. 

As for my back and hip, I'll be seeing my doctor in February and I'm hoping I can get my insurance company to agree to some slightly difference treatments, that aren't out in left field, that have been proven to make a big difference in Fibromyalgia patients like massage therapy, chiropractic care and acupuncture.  I'm going to see if instead of paying my 20% if who ever I use would be willing to accept some of my products for they're own use or for office use.

I've started soaping with the Spring Fling event in mind and I'll be starting work on increasing my inventory on all products so I can start doing one of the local Farmers' Markets.  I still have it in the back of my head to remember to take some soaps over to the local health food store that is interested in testing my products with an eye towards potentially carrying them.  I was also hit this morning by a great idea that I'll be running by Regan that would benefit us both!  Her tea shop closed much to our sadness.  It was a great place and we miss it.

I think that's just about everything that was on my mind for now so TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment